Monday, July 22, 2013

Fifth Week in the Field



Hola Everyone!

This week was FULL of so many things!

On Tuesday, we had zone conference!  It was a really neat experience and I learned so much about how to be a more effective missionary.  We drove down to Santa Maria and combined with the Santa Barbara zone.  

On Wednesday, we had exchanges with the travelling Hermanas.  I was with Hermana Palafox for the day and we were able to get so much more done than we would have in a regular day.  We got to go teach this potential investigator that we found last Sunday and it turns out that they are GOLDEN! They told us that they are looking for a church to join and want to give their kids something to believe in.  They're really family oriented and are really friendly.  We also finally made contact with some less actives that we haven't been able to see yet.

On Thursday, we didn't have much success with teaching, but it was totally made up for when one of our investigators came to the Relief Society Enrichment activity!  It was at the Paso Robles Sports Club and we got to learn more about being healthy.  Angie seemed like she really enjoyed it and the women there were really welcoming, which was just what she needed.

On Friday, we got to teach Bob.  We've been having some issues with trying to figure out how to help him stop smoking because nothing seems to be working.  When I was talking to him about the importance of relying on the Atonement for strength, it was the first time that I could honestly and truly feel the spirit working through me.  It felt so good that Heavenly Father trusted me to be able to convey this sacred message.  

Yesterday, Hermana Romero and I got to talk in the Spanish Branch Sacrament Meeting.  I was freaking out big time, but once I got up there, I didn't really feel to nervous.  I just said what I knew and said what came to my mind.  I'm pretty sure I don't even remember half the things I said, but afterwards a bunch of people came up to me and told me I did a really good job, so I must have said something right!

Each day as we proselyte and teach, I'm constantly reminded of how blessed I am to not only have the gospel in my life, but to have all the temporal things I have as well.  We teach in some scary places sometimes, but I know that we're protected at all times as long as we're obedient.  

The closer it gets to transfers (one week left), the more I freak out and get nervous.  Hermana Romero keeps telling me that I'm probably going to train in Spanish.  They're sending another set of missionaries here to Paso at transfers so they're probably going to split the english and spanish areas which means that even if I stay in Paso, I won't get to do both :(  I love all of the people we're teaching and don't want to have to leave any of them even though it'll happen at some point.  I just don't want it to happen this soon!

Thanks for all of your prayers!  You're all in mine!

Con Amor, 
Hermana Halliday

Me with the Sisters in my zone.

Sister Romero and I with the sweet sister who kept our dinner calendar up to date.  She is now moving to Utah.  :-(

Look!  I'm FAT FREE!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment