Monday, October 27, 2014

Seventy-first Week in the Field



Hola Everyone!

CRAZY WEEK!

First, we were able to go on exchanges in Oxnard 6th ward this week and like always, we saw so many miracles! Even though I love exchanges, I'm so excited that we'll get more time this week to be in our area and work really hard.

So for some sad news...Maria didn't end up getting baptized this week.  Her family's been giving her a lot of pressure and she called us Monday night telling us it was off.  On a brighter note though, she came with us to an activity with the Relief Society this week and was starting to tell people that she's going to get baptized this week instead. We were a little confused (and excited!), but we're going to talk to her more about that tonight. I seriously don't feel like I've fought for someone as hard as I have with her. We're going to try to see if she'll be able to come to the temple with us (we're going tomorrow!) and look around the visitor's center while we're doing a session.

Daniel is still progressing and reading the Book of Mormon, but still isn't able to come to church because of his job. We're kind of getting stuck on how we can help him, but for right now we're just trying to keep his testimony strong until something changes.

Hermana White is such a supportive companion. She is everything that I've needed right now to finish up my mission and then some. She knows exactly what to say to make me smile and remind me of what I need to do to finish strong. I love her so much.

I finished the Book of Mormon this week! I absolutely love the last chapter in Moroni more than I realized that I did. It was really neat to see how it's broken up into the basic teachings of the whole Book of Mormon (the promise; gifts of the spirit; faith, hope, and charity; the scattering and gathering of Israel; and how to come unto Christ). It's been exactly what I need to renew my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration.

For service this week, we were able to help a sister in the ward prepare for the activity we had this week. It was really neat to see how we were able to gain her trust so much more and now she's even more willing to help us with the work. 

I ended up getting a blessing from the Elders this week to help me stay calm and take everything one day at a time.  I have such a strong appreciation for the power of the priesthood and the effects it can have. 

Thanks for all the love and support!
Con amor,
Hermana Halliday

Also, sorry for the lack of pictures I forgot last week and I don't have my camera with me right now :(

No comments:

Post a Comment