Monday, September 16, 2013

Thirteenth Week in the Field



Hola everyone!!

Well....transfers were this week and I have another companion!  Her name's Hermana Faletau and she's from Provo, UT.  She's originally from Tonga though.  She's 21 and is so excited to be here in California finally.  She went to the Mexico MTC and then came here!  At first I was realy jealous, but then she was telling us about what it was like and decided I'm grateful that I went to the one in Provo.  She's super fun and loves teaching the gospel. 

Transfer meeting was really neat and spiritual.  I thought I was going to see Hermana Romero there, but she's follow-up training for the first time ever, so I didn't get to :( We still keep in contact though!

We were finally able to get a hold of Pauline (one of our investigators with a baptismal date).  We haven't been able to make contact with her since Hermana Smith and I got here last transfer.  We taught her the resoration again and she told us that she still really wants to get baptized on October 19th! Her, along with Shan-Shan, were both going to get baptized on October 5th, but we realized that that was General Conference weekend. So, we bumped it to the 12th (MY BIRTHDAY!), but we found out that that's Stake Conference weekend.  Therefore, we have to wait until the 19th.  That would have been the coolest birthday present ever!  Oh well, they're still getting baptized a week later!

Denisse is still doing well, but still a little stubborn in regards to only reading the Book of Mormon.  She compares everything she reads to the Bible and studys sermons given by Joseph Smith in more depth.  We keep trying to tell her that she's not going to be able to understad the them if she doesn't first gain a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true.  "Line upon line, precept upon precept."  In personal study this week I was reading in 2 Nephi 16:10.  It was perfect for her!  It says, "Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes - lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and be converted and be healed."  It's so important that we focus on how we feel and what we hear rather than expect some miraculous manifestation or logical thing to happen. 

We started teaching a eight year old boy, Ezra, this week.  His family is less active, but they want to start coming back to church.  He's so adorable!!  I told him that I have a nine-year-old brother at home that I miss a lot.  He told me he could be my little brother in California while I'm on my mission!  How cute is that!  He's really excited to be baptized and wants to be before he turns nine next month. 

One of the recent converts in the Spanish branch lives in our area, so we get to teach him.  His name is Pablo (I might have mentioned him before).  This week, he was telling us all about how he used to box and was trying to show us some moves.  He's in his 70's so it was hard for him, but he loved doing it!  He get's kind of lonely sometimes, so he loves it when we come and talk with him.  He helps us with our spanish and we help him with his english.  It's amazing because Hermana Romero was the one that taught him and what there when he was baptized.  He talks about her all the time and how much he loves her.  I miss her a ton (along with Hermana Higgs), but they're both doing great in Paso Robles still. 

Thank you so much for all the love and support that you give me!  You're all in my prayers!

Con amor,

Hermana Halliday

No comments:

Post a Comment