Monday, September 2, 2013

Eleventh Week in the Field



Hola Everyone!!

I can't believe it's already week 11 in my mission (not including MTC)!  Time flies way too fast!! This week has been full of so many miracles.  

Earlier this week, we were able to help a family (Hilton's) in the ward with their garden.  Brother Hilton said that we could come back every week and help him so that we could talk to the Hispanic workers that are renovating their house.  All of the workers are super nice and love to talk to us in English AND Spanish!  We're hoping we get some new investigators out of it!

As far as Michael is concerned, he's still progressing, but slowly.  We're pretty sure that he wants to get baptized, but a lot of his concern is coming from not being able to see his daughters on Sunday and having to work a lot of overnight shifts.  Please keep him in your prayers.  September is going to be his month!

On Wednesday, we found out that one of the less actives in our ward, Bro. Mason, was arrested and taken to the county jail for drunk driving and then released a few days later.  He'd been missing for two days when we found out.  Yesterday, we went to see if he was back or not and he was!!  We were able to share D&C 121: 7-9 with him and help him realize that drinking is not the way to help him cope with all of his financial and spiritual problems.  We were able to set up a return appointment too.  On our way back to the car, we met his neighbor who's a sweetheart!  She looks out for him since none of his family lives close.  As we were passing by, she wanted to thank us for visiting him regularly.  She gave us her phone number and told us to stop by whenever!! She's super sweet and the whole time we were talking to her, I could just picture her in white!

We got to meet another less active family (the Ramirez') this week as well.  They're all great and they have a strong testimony.  They said the only reason they stopped coming was because they got offended by someone in their ward in Ventura.  Their oldest son just started high school and wants to start going to seminary and mutual!  Their other son is 8 and a half and really wants to get baptized.  The parents are really the only ones with reservations, but we're really excited to start working with them.  

On Friday, we had a Health, Vehicle, and Apartment Training Meeting with another zone!  It was really great and I got to see a few people that I knew.  President and Sister Castro are doing great as always and send their love to everyone who's supporting the missionaries in the world!  I love them so much!  (Also, a little late, but I forgot to tell you that one of my old zone leaders is now an assistant).

In addition to all of the miracles we've seen this week, we've been able to continue teaching Nancy (RC) who wanted me to tell everyone hi!  She's such a sweetheart.  

I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be serving here in California.  I know that this is where I need to be right now and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  This gospel is the best thing that's ever happened to me and I would urge anyone who doesn't know why to ask someone and find out!  They'll be glad to tell you!

Thanks for all the love and support from everyone! I really appreciate it!!

Con amor,

Hermana Halliday

Representation of my District!  :-)

Relaxing!

 Don't ask!  :-)

On exchanges a couple of weeks ago.

 On exchanges a couple of weeks ago.

Beautiful evening silhouette in Moore Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment