Monday, October 21, 2013

Eighteenth Week in the Field



Hola Everyone!

So....this week is transfers again!!  I get to stay here in Moorpark with Hermana Faletau! BUT....we're only doing Spanish work now, so we get to go to the Thousand Oaks 6th Branch instead of the Moorpark 1st Ward.  I'm definitely going to miss the English work, but the branch will be good too!  Because we're now just in the branch, we don't get to keep teaching Ezra :(  We will still be in the zone though, so we can still go!  

This week when we were teaching Ezra, we talked to him about the Word of Wisdom.  When we came back later this week, he told us that he was really proud of himself.  He told us that he told his mom that she had to stop drinking coffee to support him because he couldn't.  He also told his dad that he couldn't drink tea either because he promised us that he wouldn't and he didn't want to because he wanted to be baptized.  I'm going to miss him so much!

When we were teaching one of our Spanish investigators, Lupe, she told us that she knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God.  I loved being able to see her eyes light up with the truth.  That's probably one of my favorite parts of serving a mission.  Helping people realize how good they can have it with the gospel in their lives.  

We've gotten so many referrals from members this week!!  It's been so great!!  We love being able to see the members get more involved in hastening the work.  It still kind of stinks that we have to leave them all with completely other sister missionaries coming into the ward, but we're really happy for them because at least it's work getting done.  

We did, however, get a Spanish referral from a brother in one of the Thousand Oaks wards who is golden.  The husband works for him and is going through a lot to hard things right now.  The wife is recently in remission for cancer and suffered two strokes.  She's bed ridden, but we've been able to go by a few times and read to her out of the Book of Mormon.  She loves it!!  We can't wait to keep working with her.  

We got to see Pablo like three times within two days because we kept running into him!  I love him so much and I'm so grateful that we still get to visit him. He told us that when we come visit, he feels so much happier and forgets about his depression for a little bit.  He feels closer to heaven.  He hates living in the house he's in right now because of his neglecting family, so I offered him my bedroom with my family while I was on my mission!! He laughed, but I think he seriously considered it for a second.  I don't think he'd want to move to Colorado though no matter how awesome my family is! :)  Living with him would be pretty legit after the mission though!

I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be serving a mission!  I know I've said that like a thousand times, but I really do mean it!  Thanks to everyone that has gotten me this far!  I really appreciate all the love and support that I've received.  

Con amor, 
Hermana Halliday :)




 Pablo is the coolest guy ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment