Monday, August 5, 2013

Seventh Week in the Field



Hola Everyone!!

I have no idea where to begin!  So much has happened this week that I don't know if I'll have time to give too many details.  I'm officially not serving in Paso Robles anymore.  :(  I really miss it and definitely want to go back to visit.  I'm in Moorpark and training! 

On Monday, we did a lot to get me ready to leave, but time ran out so fast.  We ended up going to the Foltz for dinner and spent a good three hours with them eating, teaching, and saying goodbyes.  Towards the end of the night I realized that I have my very first and very last meal in Paso with them.  When I go back to visit, they're the first people I'm going to see.  They're like a third set of grandparents.  Hermana Romero and I didn't want to ever leave and when I had to finally tell Brother Foltz that I wasn't going to be there for his baptism (which he's super stoked about!), HE almost started crying.  He was really confused about why I couldn't come up for it, but in the end he did.  We also commit Jane to be baptized and have the courage to tell her dad that she was going to be.  I told her the story of Esther and how she had to have courage to tell the king about her people.  She is so precious and loves the gospel.  We couldn't get Sister Foltz to commit to baptism yet, but Brother Foltz told us that he'd work on her! :)

On Tuesday, we had transfer meeting.  Hermana Romero and I had to get up at 4:30 so we could be at the training meeting at 8:45.  It was rough.  Neither of us really wanted to talk about what was going to happen in a few hours.  All in all, I'm now companions with Hermana Smith!  She's from Vermont and is also 19!  She is super excited to be here in the field and was excited to get away from the MTC even though she still misses her MTC district! (We're the same that way!)  We're really similar and I hope that we'll get to find even more similarities in the following weeks. We're serving in Moorpark 1st Ward and we love it!  The ward is really supportive and our apartment is super nice!  Members used to actually live in it! 

I saw Elder James (Lance) at transfer meeting and we chatted for a few minutes.  It's still kind of weird that one of my FHE brothers in serving the same mission as me!

Although the members are really supportive her, the other people in the area aren't quite the same.  This is a pretty ritzy area compared to Paso and there's a lot of money.  Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of friendly people, but they're not as humble as the people in Paso.  A lot of them are set in their ways and don't really want to change.  A lot of people won't even open their door to tell us they're not interested.  They'll just yell through the door.  :(  It's okay though!  We have positive attitudes and three people with baptismal dates.  We've only met one of them so far because one of them is in China right now and the other just got back in town.  I really hope that the work will continue to roll forward and we'll see even more progress. 

Thanks for all the love and support! I'll give more details next week!

Con amor,

Hermana Halliday
 The Foltz'

 The Grovers'

 My Homemade Plan of Salvation!


No comments:

Post a Comment